Get the Skills to Be a Professional Welding Technician
12 Month* Welding Technology Master Training Program
Looking for a career path that puts you in high demand – worldwide? Look no further!
Experts predict a large shortage of capable manufacturing workers in the next few years almost everywhere, and many companies now report difficulty finding welders. The American Welding Society (AWS) predicts that the demand for skilled welders in the United States alone may outpace supply by 200,000 individuals. Our professional welding school in Ohio will prepare you for a rewarding career in this area.
Your Training Will Include:
- » Welding Technology & History
- » Oxyacetylene Welding & Cutting
- » Plasma Arc & Air Carbon Arc Cutting
- » Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- » Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG)
- » Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG)
- » Flux Core Arc Welding
- » Blueprint Reading & Abbreviations
- » Welding Mathematics
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Take the Ohio Tech “Technical Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 2 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Technical Career Training Readiness score now.
Your welding classes can help you develop the technical welding skills necessary to become a:
- General fabricator
- Shipbuilding welder
- Skyscraper and building construction Welder
- Pipeline welder
- Aircraft welder
- Spacecraft welder
Welding Program Courses
In our comprehensive, 12-month* Master Welding Technology program you will learn:
- Welding Technology
- Oxyacetylene Welding and Cutting
- Plasma Arc and Air Carbon Arc Cutting
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) in all positions
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) with Pipe
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG) in all positions
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG) with Pipe
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) in all positions
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) with Pipe
We are not just a welding institute, we are a college offering you the opportunity to gain your associate degree in welding while working with the latest welding equipment supplied by Lincoln Electric. In addition, we provide you with up-to-date welding classes using the latest tools, techniques and training methods to make you more valuable in the workplace.
If you are considering welding schools in Ohio, OTC is the place for you. Contact us today to learn more.
Is a Career in Welding Right For You? Get More Info…
For more information on welding technician career training and to explore if OTC is right for you, fill out the form on this page.
To speak with a knowledgeable OTC Admissions Advisor right away, call 1-800-322-7000.
* Program length when completed in normal time.