Get the Skills to Be a Professional Motorcycle Technician
PowerSport Motorcycle Mechanic or Technician Career Training Program
The PowerSport Institute Technician program is designed to create the industry’s most complete motorcycle mechanics & motorcycle technicians in the industry.
Lakeside Learning Center
- 5300 Lakeside Ave
- Cleveland, Ohio 44114
- 1214 Marquette Street
- Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Our 48 or 72-week* motorcycle mechanic/powersport technician training program will provide you with the foundational technical training that will enhance troubleshooting skills to diagnose fuel and electrical-related issues in common motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV and other powersport technologies.
The PowerSport Institute Technician Program is divided into three main sections:
Core Training Modules
We start with hands-on motorcycle training on day one and will enable you to efficiently perform service interval maintenance required on all powersport vehicles.
Your Training Will Include:
- » Powersport Engine Repair
- » Powersport Fuel Systems
- » Powersport Suspension and Chassis
- » Powersport Electrical Systems
- Click here for a curriculum summary
Get a Degree
As a graduate of this Associate of Applied Science Degree program, you’ll enter the industry with the confidence of obtaining a career degree after receiving personal guidance from Ohio Technical College instructors who are all industry-experienced professionals.
Manufacturer Specific Training
In our manufacturer specific training modules, we will train you on the top motorcycle manufacturers to get your dealer recognitions:
- Honda (H-Protrac Professional) Officially supported by Honda Motor Company, this module is designed to provide you with the skills needed to become a Honda bronze level technician.
- Yamaha (Yamaha PowerSport Service Academy Professional) This module, officially endorsed and supported by Yamaha Corporation of America, is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to receive the Yamaha Bronze Level Five-Star recognition.
- Kawasaki (K-Tech Professional) Officially endorsed and supported by Kawasaki, this technician training module prepares you for work in a Kawasaki service environment. You will learn Kawasaki motorcycle, watercraft and ATV technology; Kawasaki fuel injection system operations; Kawasaki engines; Kawasaki fuel systems; and general Kawasaki maintenance and drivability procedures. You will also receive your Kawasaki Level One recognition.
- Suzuki (ServicePRO) Officially endorsed and supported by Suzuki, this module prepares you with the knowledge and experience necessary to specialize as a Suzuki technician. Students will learn Suzuki motorcycle and ATV technology, Suzuki fuel injection system operations, Suzuki engines, Suzuki fuel systems and general Suzuki maintenance and drivability procedures. Students will be able to gain Suzuki ServicePro recognition.
Off-Road and Dynojet Training
We give real off road training on Polaris and Arctic Cat as well as Dynojet training. The off-road equipment repair module includes: ATV, snowmobile and utility vehicle training on a variety of manufacturers.
This module prepares you with the knowledge and experience necessary to become certified on some of the most advanced snowmobiles in the field. Be certified as an entry-level Polaris technician and receive a Polaris MSD recognition. As well as get your Arctic Cat Catmaster certification. As a Dynojet training school, you work with Dynojet’s Power Commander units and can take the Dynojet DELSA certification test, Dynojet’s higher level of recognition.
See for yourself how PSI can put your career into the drivers seat with mechanic career training today!
Is Motorcycle Technician Training Right For You? Get More Info…
For more information on motorcycle technician career training and to explore if OTC is right for you, fill out the form on this page.
To speak with a knowledgeable OTC Admissions Advisor right away, call 1-800-322-7000
* Program length when completed in normal time.