Get Support to Explore Your Options
At Ohio Technical College, we believe that your college choice should be based on the quality of academic programs and opportunities available to you.
What types of Financial Aid are available?
As an accredited institution, student financial aid is available to OTC students who qualify. There are various federal student aid programs, including:
- Grants – including the Pell Grant (PELL) and the Supplementary Educational Opportunity Grant program (SEOG)
- Student Loans – Direct subsidized and unsubsidized loan programs.
- Parent Loans – Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) program among others.
- Scholarships – OTC students may qualify to participate in numerous scholarship programs.
Our Financial Aid Advisers will work to help you secure funding to cover your educational costs from a variety of sources including the federal government, state agencies, Veterans Affairs, private sources, corporate sources and Ohio Technical College itself.
Click here for the Net Price Calculator
If you DO NOT want to apply for Financial Aid, you must complete a Not Using Financial Aid Form.
Financial Aid Application Process Is As Easy As 1-2-3!
Step 1: Applying for Aid
In order to determine whether you qualify to receive student financial aid, start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may use the FAFSA website to complete and submit your financial aid application electronically. We will verify the details on your FAFSA and let you know if any additional information is needed from you to complete the processing. Here are the steps:
- Apply for your FSA ID: fafsa.ed.gov FAFSA website and apply for your PIN at www.pin.ed.gov so you can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Determine your Dependency status: CLICK HERE to verify if you must include your parent’s information when applying for Financial Aid
- Complete FAFSA application online: Use School Code: 011745: FAFSA website. *We strongly recommend that you import your Federal Tax information from the IRS.” **If you choose not to, or are unable to import your Federal Tax Return into your FAFSA form, you must provide a transcript of your return. Transcripts must be requested from the IRS at www.irs.gov or call (800)829-1040.
- Dependent Students Only: Submit Parent Plus Loan Pre-Application. Please complete the FEDERAL DIRECT PARENT LOAN FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS (PLUS) PRE-APPLICATION FORM 2017-2018 to determine your eligibility for the parent loan.
- Verify your FAFSA at Verify My FAFSA
The Department of Education may select your FAFSA for verification. If this occurs, our office will contact you to request the required documentation
- Start applying for Scholarships. We suggest applying scholarships shown at ImagineAmerica.org and FastWeb.com
Step 2: Your Award Package
- After your FAFSA is submitted and your information is verified, you will receive a personalized Award Package from the Ohio Technical College’s Financial Aid office detailing the amount of aid you are eligible to receive and a detailed payment schedule with multiple options to cover any remaining tuition balance, if applicable.
- All of the documents required to accept your financial aid are included in your personal Award Package
If the total amount of your financial aid and any scholarship is not enough to cover your full tuition, please note your options under Step 3, below. Please to “STEP 3” to learn how to manage any balance.
Step 3: Addressing a Tuition Balance Not Covered by Financial Aid
- Payment Plans: Ohio Technical College offers both quarterly and monthly payment plans
- PLUS Loan – Parent may apply for a Direct PLUS loan to cover tuition and living expenses.
- Alternative Loan -Parents may apply for a personal loan from a bank or other third party by contacting the lender directly.
Scholarships: Students may apply for hundreds of scholarships available to help pay for college, and best of all, they’re free money! You may apply for scholarships at any time, even after you enter college. For a list of scholarship resources, check out our Scholarships
Start the FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION Process now!
For more information on loans or the financial aid process, please contact the OTC Financial Aid Office at 1-800-322-7000 or email@example.com.
*REMINDER! In order to receive your Financial Aid, the school must have a copy of your final High School Transcript.
Once you have completed your application forms and have gathered your documentation, please fax, mail or email your application packet to the Office of Financial Aid at:
Ohio Technical College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
1374 East 51st Street
Cleveland, OH 44103
NOTE: **It is strongly recommended that you have your financial aid and payment arrangements finalized at least 60-days before beginning classes.*
Start the FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION Process now!