Apply For Financial Aid
For Students Starting Classes After July 1, 2016
Students starting classes after July 1, 2016 must complete 2016/17 FASFA application based on your 2015 tax forms. THIS FAFSA IS NOW AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
If you DO NOT plan to apply for financial aid, you must complete the 2016-2017 FA Refusal Form
PLEASE NOTE: You must either apply for Financial Aid or complete the Financial Aid Refusal Form.
Financial Aid Process
1. Complete your 2015 Federal Tax Return (IF your class starts BEFORE June 30, 2016) or complete your 2015 Federal Tax Return (IF your class starts AFTER June 30, 2016).
2. Determine your Dependency status CLICK HERE to verify if you must include your parent’s information when applying for Financial Aid.
3. Apply for your PIN at www.pin.ed.gov, so you can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
4. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
*We strongly recommend that you import your Federal Tax information from the IRS.
**If you choose not to, or are unable to import your Federal Tax Return into your FAFSA form, you must provide a transcript of your return. Transcripts must be requested from the IRS at www.irs.gov or call (800)829-1040.
6. Verify your FAFSA at Verify My FAFSA
***The Department of Education may select your FAFSA for verification. If this occurs, our office will contact you to request the required documentation.
Receive your Financial Aid Award Package
1. Your Financial Aid Award package will summarize aid eligibility and include the documents needed to secure this aid.
2. Complete and return all necessary forms in your Financial Aid package, You must e-sign the Student Loan Promissory Notes and complete Entrance Counseling online at StudentLoans.gov.
3. If there is a remaining tuition balance after Financial Aid is applied, several options are available to address a balance. These include:
• Monthly and quarterly payment plans
• Private Alternative Student Loans
• Parent PLUS Loans
*REMINDER! In order to receive your Financial Aid, the school must have a copy of your final High School Transcript.
Apply for Scholarships
1. There are thousands of scholarships available to help you pay for college, and best of all, they’re free money! You may apply for scholarships at any time, even after you enter college!
2. For a list of possible resources, check out our Scholarships page.
Once you have completed your application forms and have gathered your documentation, please fax, mail or email your application packet to the Office of Financial Aid at:
Ohio Technical College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
1374 East 51st Street
Cleveland, OH 44103
NOTE: **It is strongly recommended that you have your financial aid and payment arrangements finalized at least 60-days before beginning classes.**